Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Unveils "Artists in Residence" Series
"It has been said that art is a tryst, for in the joy of it maker and beholder meet."
Scottsdale, Ariz. (February 15, 2012) – A new masterpiece in the making, Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain announces plans for an ongoing "Artists in Residence" series, launching March 1, 2012. The resort's Camelback Mountain perch and Paradise Valley views offer inspiration to many artists; and thanks to a partnership with Scottsdale's Calvin Charles Gallery, Sanctuary serves as exhibition space for both large-scale and intimate works. Now, guests and spa members can mingle with artists (and explore their own creativity) during special events, ranging from wine and cheese receptions to demonstrations and interactive sculpting classes, all offered compliments of Sanctuary.
The Artists in Residence series will feature visiting artists from an assortment of styles and mediums, and will take place throughout Sanctuary's environs. Those keen for a full immersion may opt for Sanctuary's three-night travel package, available throughout March. Starting at $1,649 with tax and gratuity, it includes accommodations in a mountain vista casita, breakfast for two each morning, and VIP access to "Meet the Artist" wine and cheese receptions and artist demonstrations.
An updated calendar of events is available on Sanctuary's website and the inaugural March schedule includes:
- March 1 – Artists reception with stone and bronze sculptor Upton Ethelbah (Grayshoes), joined by Beals & Abbate Fine Art of Santa Fe, N.M.
- March 2 – Artists reception with visual artist and urban muralist Jaque Fragua, with Beals & Abbate Fine Art
- March 8 – Artists reception with sculptors Jennyfer Stratman and Pascal, joined by Calvin Charles Gallery
- March 16-18 – Sculpting class, demonstrations and reception with sculptor Michael Peralta, joined by Beals & Abbate Fine Art
- March 23-27 – Artists reception, sculpting class and demonstrations with sculptor Star York-Brock
For reservations at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain, call or visit www.SanctuaryAZ.com.
About Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain: One of the country's most lauded luxury resorts, Sanctuary is a striking boutique property on Camelback Mountain in Paradise Valley, Arizona, just minutes from downtown Scottsdale. Under the direction of Westroc Hospitality, Sanctuary enjoys international acclaim for its contemporary design, and award-winning elements restaurant and Sanctuary Spa. A member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Sanctuary was recognized in 2006 as the "top resort" in the United States by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler. Sanctuary has been a Condé Nast Traveler "Gold List" and "Reader's Choice" winner since opening in 2001 and is regularly included in Travel + Leisure's "T + L 500" list of World's Best Hotels. Connect with Sanctuary on Facebook and Twitter.