Things to do in Scottsdale
Special events in Scottsdale thrive at Sanctuary. Whether it's sunsets on elements deck, elevated mixology and classic cocktails at jade bar, or award-winning cuisine by Food Network star Chef Beau MacMillan at elements, there's always something new to enjoy at Sanctuary. With a wide variety of special events in Scottsdale, take advantage of everything the culinary team, gifted mixologists and the spectacular mountainside setting have to offer.
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a cigar dinner featuring Camacho Cigars and special guest George Rami.
- Paradise Views
- 6pm Tuesday, March 17
- $135 per person (includes tax & gratuity)
- Includes three-course dinner, cigars and wine pairings
- Resevations required
Artist in Residence
Celebrate springtime with local and national artists each weekend in March. Beginning the series are three renowned artists from New Mexico - painter Micqaela Jones, sculptor Upton Greyshoes Ethelbah, and photographer Zoe Marieh Urness - whose work will be showcased at the resort.
Wine & Cheese Reception
- Friday, March 6 from 5-6:30pm
- Paradise Views
- Meet the distinguished artists at a wine & cheese reception
- Saturday, March 7 from 11am-1pm
- Paradise Views
- Live demonstrations by the nationally renowned painter and sculptor
Look for information to come on additional Friday artist wine & cheese receptions during March, where you can enjoy the opportunity to chat with local artists and take a firsthand look at their work.
Enhance your dining experience with one of our special lunch wine flights.
Weekends at Jade
Weekends at Jade continues this winter with live performances from jazz, pop, and R&B vocalists.
Enjoy the spectacular views of the evening sky, and live music (with no cover)...while savoring cuisine by award-winning Chef Beau MacMillan, along with your favorite wines and intriguing cocktails from the Jade bar mixologists.
- March 4 - Brian Chartrand
- March 11 - Obadiah Parker
- March 18 - Miguel and Stan
- March 25 - Obadiah Parker
- March 6 - Lee Perreira
- March 13 - Elijah Atkinson
- March 20 - Obadiah Parker
- March 27 - Angela Ferrari
Adore The Pour... the Valley's only premium cocktail hour, raising the bar for Happy Hour daily from 4-6pm at jade bar. With Sanctuary's spectacular mountain and skyline views, it's the perfect time to sip and savor.
Enjoy upscale cocktails like martinis, old fashions, margaritas and a new specialty Pour cocktail created by our Mixologist’s every week; top shelf spirits including Grey Goose, Don Julio, and Tanqueray; fine wines from Sonoma Cutrer, Coppola Diamond, Conundrum and more!
Raising the bar for Happy Hour means fresh and fabulous specials from 4–6pm daily.
Saturdays at Jade bar
$30 per person (plus tax and gratuity); limit 20 people
Shake it up during a fun and interactive cocktail experience. Each week the Sanctuary mixologists demonstrate 3 to 4 cocktails...sharing tips and techniques along with jade bar's freshness philosophy, spirit details, cocktail history and tastings of your favorites.
- March 7: The Cocktail Family Tree - A discussion of the origins of modern day cocktail.
- March 14: New World Whiskey - History of Bourbon, Whiskey, and Rye in America.
- March 21: Punches - The history of communal drinking in Europe and the Colonies.
- March 28: TIKI Tales - A history of Tiki culture in America and the people who shaped it.