TRIATHLON TRAINING PROGRAM
Picture yourself training for the most challenging feat of your life — a triathlon. Then, picture yourself engaged in the same strenuous activity in the Zen-like Sonoran desert with Olympians instructing your training. Athletes can now make this vision a reality at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain (Scottsdale, Ariz.) by booking the resort's new three-day Triathlon Prep Program, featuring the expertise of Sanctuary's fitness staff, including Olympic swimmer Misty Hyman.
Prior to arrival, Sanctuary's fitness team connects with the guest to determine their current training program and goals. On the first day of training, guests work directly with swim instructor Misty Hyman, who earned a gold medal in the 200 meter butterfly at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney. She offers best swimming strategies for endurance and speed in Sanctuary's 25-yard outdoor lap pool. Day two brings a guided desert bike ride, and guests hit the ground running on their third day of training, embarking on a tandem run with a fitness instructor. At the end of each training day, guests will enjoy spa treatments to restore muscles and joints impacted by strenuous days.
- Three night casita accommodations
- Three days of training with Sanctuary's team of experts. Each day will be focused around the different elements of a triathlon, such as core training, swimming, biking, and running.
- Power breakfast each morning
- Three spa treatments to address the ailments brought on by a hard day of swimming, biking and running. Treatments include:
- 60-minute Therapeutic/Sports Massage – Customized to specific areas of muscle tension and to enhance athletic performance by focusing on sport-specific muscles.
- 60-minute Reflexology – Using techniques to stimulate the flow of energy in your feet, this massage rebalances the body and promotes increased relaxation and relief from stress.
- 90-minute Table Thai Massage – This ancient style of massage, gently pulls, pushes and kneads your muscles in patterns of gentle rocking and rhythmic compressions.